Tangled Garden Gourmet Garden Party
We are proud to be part of the Nova Scotia EXCELLerator PROGRAM 2018
2018 Garden Party Dates
- July 11th
- August 15th
- September 5th
- September 19th
Step into an award-winning garden and delight your senses on this exclusive guided tour filled with artfully-crafted gourmet foods infused with local flavors. Local musicians play as you explore the garden and gather the ingredients for your pop-up picnic overlooking a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Nova Scotia Tourism Event
You are greeted with a glass of local sparkling wine on this unique and unforgettable garden foodie tour, as you are immersed in one of Canada’s finest gardens.
Pass beneath the twisted wisteria, gather your garden pail and explore as each section of the tangled garden reveals a new addition to your lunch and offers unforgettable tastings of salmon, lobster, scallops and local rum. Lose yourself in the beauty and magic of this sun-kissed garden, and enjoy fresh pairings of herbs and local delicacies tucked away in garden nooks.
When you reach the top of the garden, roll out your blanket and indulge in a decadent summer picnic while local musicians play in the background. Relax with new friends as you enjoy views of the flowering labyrinth and the beautiful agricultural patchwork of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Private garden tour with expert guide: Your host is the designer of one of Canada’s finest gardens and creator of Tangled Garden recipes. You will be introduced to new and exciting flavor combinations you can share with your friends back home.
- Backstage kitchen access: Exclusive to guests of this experience, you will get backstage access to Tangled Garden’s kitchen and get tips and tricks from your guide.
- Gourmet tastings: Throughout the tour, there will be pop-up tastings infused with creations from Tangled Garden and paired with Nova Scotian wine.
- Pop-up picnic: You won’t leave hungry! The pop-up picnic is a locally sourced meal filled with artfully-crafted gourmet foods including local cider paired with a salad featuring ingredients picked throughout the tour, local sandwiches and cheeses, jellies and Tangled Garden liqueur covered ice-cream.
- Local music: Local musicians set the tone for a savory picnic while strumming the banjo.
What people are saying:
From Trip Advisor, Oct 19, 2016: “The gardens are very pleasant to wander, but the real reason to come here is the incredible edibles. The most delicious and original jellies, chutneys and other preserves we have ever tasted. Magic in your mouth. Thankfully you can also order online, which we will be doing now since our beautiful Nova Scotia vacation is over.” More Reviews Here
Tangled Garden has also been featured in many publications for innovation, creativity, and attention to detail. These publications include:
- The Garden Lovers Guide to Canada
- The Gardener’s Garden, featuring 250 gardens worldwide and only six from Canada
- Martha Stewart Living
- Jamie Oliver
- Country Living
- Canadian Gardens
- Garden Making
- Canadian House and Home
- La Vie Claire
- Country Living Gardens
- And many foodie and travel blogs - See our Reviews Page
Unpredictable Dining is our newest scheduled event series. This is an intimate evening located in, around, or close to Tangled Garden. The evening offers a unique monthly dining experience with a creatively inspired menu, and wine pairings from local Annapolis Valley Wineries. Once a month on a Tuesday evening we feature an aspiring chef who creates a menu to reflect both the garden surroundings and our innovative herb products while showcasing their culinary talent. Our goal is to tempt all your senses and making long lasting memories.
See A Recent Post
A Day with Roses
In July, when the roses are in their full glory, we have a special Day with Roses featuring a tour of the roses in the garden, a talk about growing old and easy roses, and a fabulous tea with decadent treats.
Tangled Garden is home to more than 60 varieties of roses, from the sumptuously fragrant deep red Souvenir du Docteur Jarmain to the wild airs of Bobbie James, 20 feet into the plum tree.and still going. Roses are entwined with human history, from love to war. Ancient and modern, many are happy to take root in the Maritimes. Come, taste, smell, learn, surround yourself with these glorious flowers.
See Recent Post
Children's Tea Party
Fairy Tale Story Time, and Adventures in the Garden. Tangled Garden is a magical place. We hold a Children's Day twice a year to introduce children the the wonders and adventures of discovering all the secret rooms and spaces in the garden. We stroll the gardens to collect flowers for our fairy crown, sit under the ancient pear trees to read a fairy inspired story, and sip tea from china cups.
See recent post
Spring One of A Kind Show - Toronto
Date: Easter Weekend